CureCancer is based within the Cancer Research Institute of Northern Alberta where researchers are working to discover new cancer targets, diagnostic tests and novel drug lead molecules.
Your contribution will be entirely used to support CureCancer researchers and their activities if you direct your donation to the "University of Alberta" and indicate "for CureCancer".
We welcome support at any level:
- $5 to cover the per person cost of food on a TIM bit Tuesday,
- $50 to support the food & drinks reception of a CureCancer meeting,
- $500 to cover meeting costs including venue, dinner, speakers,
- $5,000 to support a summer studentship in a participating cancer lab, or
- $50,000 to support a student for 2 years or a postdoctoral fellow for 1 year.
We also work with our partners including CRINA to raise funds for essential equipment and competitive cancer research projects including:
- $500,000 for start-up costs to equip a new cancer research lab, and
- $5,000,000 for backing a multidisciplinary consortium developing a new treatment for cancer.
Your donation will provide invaluable support for our talented trainees, and will make a tremendous difference as they study new therapeutic targets, diagnostic methods and candidate drug molecules.
There are advantages to giving to the University of Alberta, which is a tax-exempt charity registered in Canada (# 10810 2831 RR0001), Alberta (# 210551) and the U.S.A. (# 98-6001254).
You are welcome to visit and hear short engaging talks by cancer researchers about their ideas and progress and tour our facilities. Our first set of events have been supported by generous donations from attendees, sponsorship from NACTRC, and a public engagement grant from AIHS. Thanks so much!